Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Man oh man you're my best friend I'll scream it to the nothingness,
There ain't nothin' that I need...

Moats and boats and waterfalls, alleyways, and pay-phone calls,
I've been everywhere with you, that's true

Home, let me come home
Home is wherever I'm with you."



It's Lauren again!
With a light breeze carrying us through Indiana and Ohio, Jim said it best, "This is what true America is to me."
Small towns. Front porches. Green fields. Curb-side cheers. Lightening bugs.
It's too idyllic for words. Some of the riders even ask for more miles before switching out because going through here is so nice. 



Smiles from Doug and Scott.

Always grins from Bob.





Dr. Dave riding into the moonlight.

Tony Coulson enjoys a nice dinner of "RAAM Surprise" and soft serve ice cream.  

Fireflies in a water bottle.

My new pet!! She's nicer and cuddlier than she looks, promise!


Notes for today:
Celeste and I played a trick on Carl
We battled Brazilians for leads
Rolling hills, red barns, and rendezvous with deer
Country so scenic and towns so quaint The Music Man could have been filmed anywhere.
I got the water turned off on me during a shower
Brandon Duggan turns 20 at midnight! 


Moms, kids, wives and family have started the flights over (they've taken the easy route), which gives me hope that we actually might finish this crazy adventure.


We've had our share of ups and downs, but this little family is not stopping. With 600 some odd miles to go, Annapolis better be ready. 

`
Craig rides in to a new transition.
Our team has made a home on the road. 
Taking our turns, playing tricks, finding ticks, solving differences... it's amazing to see our team turn from roaming vagabonds to a community seeking adventure together. 

Home is wherever I'm with you. 

Lyrics: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Home

3 comments:

kathy said...

God's country is beautiful..Prayers still flying your way. Hope Bev's are in doing fine. Kathy

kathy said...

I can't seem to type correctly..Sorry

carol s said...

It's 10:45pm here in CA and I am thinking how close, how close, how close you are to being finished. I pray those last miles will fly by, as much as you can fly going up hill. It's amazing you've accomplished this!! Good luck and God speed. Annapolis here they come